The Cobb Building

Firm Name: 
GGLO

Built in 1910, the 11-story concrete Cobb Building was one of the first commercial buildings in the United States to exclusively offer medical and dental offices. At the end of its useful life as a medical office building after almost a century of continuous use, its Beaux Arts character, narrow floor plate, tall ceilings, and abundant operable windows suited the conversion to apartments. Renovation included preserving historic features to assure necessary historic tax credit financing, seismic and life safety upgrades, and sustainable design strategies to improve energy performance and tenant health and comfort.

Good design makes a difference

American Institute of Architects

A Chapter of the American Institute of Architects